Anthony Youn, M.D. with Alan Eisenstock

By Anthony Youn, M.D. with Alan Eisenstock

This is the temporary site of the upcoming book IN STITCHES, to be released April, 2011 by Gallery Books

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ten Fun Facts You'll Learn About Me When You Read IN STITCHES

1-In high school my jaw grew… and grew… and GREW… until it jutted out so much it made Jay Leno’s jaw look normal. I would bump into walls chin first.
2-I played varsity tennis in high school. Earned a letter and everything. Yep. I was a jock. Kind of. Sort of. Not really.
3-Early on, I quit karate class after one lesson and joined the school choir. Doesn’t make me less of a jock. It doesn’t.
4-I play the guitar. I’m awesome. Well, okay, I play well enough that I formed a “cover” band with some friends. We actually played several gigs, got paid, and some people with apparent hearing issues asked us back.
5-I spent a summer at Phillips Exeter Academy in New Hampshire. I hung out with a bunch of Asian kids. This is notable because I never hung out with Asian kids before. That might be because in my hometown, Greenville, Michigan, there were no Asian kids.
6-Well, there was one Asian kid. Kirby. Funny story about him. Sorry, you’ll have to read that in the book, but it involves bullies, a playground, and lots of martial arts. Think Rush Hour.
7-I did not have one girlfriend in college. Not one. Could not find anyone to go out with me. In four years. If I ever write a book about my college years, I will call it Ice Station Banana.
8-My favorite singer/songwriter is Jimmy Buffett. Yes, I'm a Parrothead. Don't hold it against me.
9-I also like Olivia Newton John and the Carpenters. And Poison. And Guns N Roses. And the Indigo Girls. But not as much as Jimmy Buffett.
10-My father’s name is Steve. He changed it when he moved here from Korea. His real first name is Suck. Now you know why he changed it to Steve.
More to come—
To pre-order IN STITCHES, click below:

No comments:

Post a Comment